North America Sales Engineer Job
NeuraLegion is a fast-growing, venture backed, developer-focused Application Security company that offers application security from build to compliance. We offer a developer focused API & Application DAST automation platform. Our solutions enhance DevOps & CI/CD by removing human bottlenecks with no false positives and business logic attacks. Reducing reliance on manual testing. We enable organizations to integrate application security early in the development process and run scans often to detect & fix security issues before they hit production.
About the Position:
Everyone at NeuraLegion plays a critical role, and we all want co-workers who want to be here. We’re looking for a unique pedigree in our SE candidates that is part sales, part consultant, part architect and two parts can-do attitude.
Problem solving is one of the most important traits we need in our SE’s, including the ability to think on your feet. Sure, NeuraLegion’s solutions are easy to deploy and work with, but every environment is different. The SE is a key link between Sales, Product Management and Engineering, so you need to be able to synthesize for executives, work with sales reps day-to-day, and communicate with engineers when necessary. Candidates need to have very strong backgrounds in Application Security and comfort working in Windows, APIs and CLI services/commands.
We’ll be honest, the road for an SE is filled with both successes and challenges, with plenty of bumps along the way. If you are a thrill seeker, have a positive outlook (your glass is always half-full), and want to come back to work every day regardless of how things went yesterday, then this might be the right role for you.
- Provide pre-sales assistance for sales opportunities to buyers, customers and partners. Including demos, POCs, troubleshooting and integration and training of NeuraLegion’s products. Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity.
- Understand / Educate / Evangelize the concept of continuous + real-time application security and the need for it.
- Understand Application Security, types of vulnerabilities, how they can be detected etc.
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management and Engineering.
- Work closely with customers throughout the process of integrating our solutions.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to our solutions.
- Develop technical materials for customers and other Sales Engineers.
- Document Sales Engineering processes.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant appsec usage within a corporate environment, which includes software development experience and relevant appsec experience, including consulting or pre-sales in the AppSec space.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- 3+ years of enterprise sales engineering experience
- Set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires the ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of NeuraLegion’s products and solutions.
- Understand and be conversant about competitors in the AppSec space, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Broad knowledge in Application Security, both concepts and hands-on
- Understanding of the basics of networking (firewalls, ports, TCP, DMZ, LAN, etc..) and common troubleshooting with common tools (netcat, ping, wireshark, tcpdump, curl, wget, and more..)
- Understanding of the OWASP, Mitre and CVSS scoring methods.
- Ability to explain any of the OWASP top 10 issues in deep technical details.
- Experience working with docker and docker based tooling (docker-compose, docker runtime and Dockerfile)
- Understanding and ability to debug HTTP based authentication flows, such as, Bearer Authentication, JWT, Cookies, form logins, etc..
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions, technologies, and processes including the following: SDLC, Linux, Windows, Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience, packet flow, Development, Testing/QA, CI, Production, SAST, DAST, IAST, vulnerability remediation, WAFs, JIRA, Jenkins, general bug tracking and build systems
- Specific application security experience is a plus
- Ability to travel (when things go back to the new normal)
- DevOps with APM experience
- Knowledge with DevOps routines like CI/CD.
- Knowledge with simple docker commands and docker-compose
- Former experience running/using Netsparker, AppScan or any other automated DAST tool.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible paid time off
- Stock options
- We are changing the world of application and API security. Do it with us.
- We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
- If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love NeuraLegion.
- NeuraLegion is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. NeuraLegion is an equal opportunity employer and our team is composed of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.